*** For Immediate Release ***
The City of Elmira Department of Public Works (DPW) is pleased to announce its fall work program for City streets. Our intent is to mill streets the week of September 11-17. Restoration work will occur in September and October, with final paving slated for late October. Mill and Fill road projects typically remove the top 2-3 inches of asphalt and replace it with a new asphalt wearing course. Mill and Fill roads have 10 years added to their life with routine maintenance.
The following streets will be milled and paved this fall in the order listed:
- Columbia Street, from W. Church Street to W. Clinton Street
- First Street, from Gunnip Street to Hoffman Street
- Seventh Street from Davis Street to Park Place
- Irvine Place from Davis Street to College Avenue
- Westside Avenue from W. Thurston Street to Warnick Street
- Partridge/ S. Hoffman Street from Walnut Street to Mt. Zoar Street
Preliminary work is already underway at several locations. Our planned work is subject to change based on weather and contracted equipment availability. As always, please drive carefully through work zones, and allow extra time to reach your destination.
Please call the DPW at (607) 737-5750 with any questions.